Truck accidents can be devastating, often resulting in serious injuries and fatalities. There are many reasons why truck accidents occur, some of which are more common than others. Therefore, you must contact a personal injury attorney if you have been involved in a truck accident. Your attorney will work with you as you pursue the compensation you may be entitled to while protecting your rights and interests.
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen?
Here are the five most common reasons why truck accidents occur, including:
- Driver error – Driver error is the most common cause of truck accidents. This can include things like distracted driving, fatigue, speeding, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In addition, truck drivers are often under pressure to meet tight deadlines, leading to fatigue and pressure to take shortcuts, leading to driver error.
- Equipment failure – Equipment failure is another common cause of truck accidents. This can include issues with brakes, tires, or other mechanical problems. Trucking companies are responsible for maintaining their vehicles and ensuring they operate safely on the road. Failure to do so can result in serious accidents.
- Improper loading – Improper cargo loading is another common cause of truck accidents. If cargo is not loaded properly, it can shift during transit, causing the truck to become unbalanced and difficult to control. Again, this can result in accidents, especially when the truck is traveling at high speeds.
- Weather conditions – Weather conditions can also contribute to truck accidents. Rain, snow, and ice can make roads slick and challenging to navigate, especially for large commercial trucks. Drivers must adjust their driving habits to account for these conditions and take extra precautions to avoid accidents.
- Bad road conditions – This can create a whole slew of problems while also contributing to truck accidents. Potholes, construction, and debris on the road can make it difficult for trucks to maintain control, leading to accidents. Local governments are responsible for maintaining the roads and ensuring they are safe for all drivers.
Contact a Kane County Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been involved in a truck accident, seeking legal counsel right away is crucial to protect your rights. An experienced truck accident attorney can help determine the cause of the accident and help you pursue the compensation you may be entitled to. Contact the skilled Aurora, IL personal injury lawyers with Kinnally Flaherty Krentz Loran Hodge & Masur P.C. for additional information. Call 630-907-0909 for a free consultation.
Source - https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safety/research-and-analysis/large-truck-crash-causation-study-analysis-brief