Meeting the Challenge
We hope you and your family are well. The coronavirus has made this a challenging time for everyone. We want you to know, however, that your case or legal needs remain vitally important despite the crisis. Our top priority is moving forward but doing so safely. We will follow the recommendations of public health authorities to ensure your well-being and the well-being of our community.
Although circumstances and precautions are likely to change, Kinnally Flaherty Krentz Loran Hodge & Masur is presently taking the following steps to continue representing you:
- Our physical office is closed in compliance with the “shelter in place “ order. Despite this, we remain fully operational. Our lawyers and staff are working remotely and will continue to provide you with the service and attention you have a right to expect.
- If you are an existing client, you may email your lawyer or leave a voice message for him at the office. If you are a new client, please contact one of our lawyers or call the office and leave a voice message for the “on duty” lawyer. All e-mails and messages will be received immediately and returned promptly.
- Most courthouses in Illinois are essentially closed for at least a month. We do have the ability to get before a judge in an emergency. The closure of the courts is likely to delay progress, but we will do everything possible to keep that delay to a minimum. www.illinoiscourts.gov/administrative/covid-19.asp.
- We are hoping to avoid delays in taking depositions by using remote video technology. It is too early to know how depositions will be impacted since taking them requires the agreement of all parties, including the witness.
- Here at the office, we have adopted a policy for handwashing and for disinfecting frequently used surfaces, including doorknobs, equipment, counters, tables, and workstations.
- Lastly, like all of you, we are closely monitoring developments and precautions recommended for businesses and employers by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC). We will continue to implement practices necessary to safeguard everyone concerned.
We know you have enough to worry about with all that is going on. We don’t want your case or legal needs to be one of those things. You placed those matters in our hands, and we haven’t forgotten how important they are. We continue to stand with you and will continue to fight for you. In the meantime, please stay safe and call when you have questions.